To bring our stories to life with the spirit and tenacity of our pioneers.
To stimulate connections, dialogue and experiences that promote education and enjoyment for those who live in and visit Claresholm & District by sharing the stories of our community in a way that honours our pioneer spirit and informs future generations.
- Vitality in our community fostered by collaboration
- Creatively combining learning and fun to provide experiential environments
- Leadership driven organizational culture of honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Enthusiasm for connecting people with culture and heritage
- To provide, administer and maintain a museum facility for the community of Claresholm, Alberta for the public benefit.
- To increase public understanding and appreciation of Claresholm and Alberta heritage by providing exhibition and interpretive programs that are accessible to the public.
- To collect artifact and archival materials that will benefit the Claresholm community as a whole. To collect ethically and responsibly within the parameters of Canadian Museums Association ethical guidelines, Alberta provincial legislation, Alberta Museums Association Standard Practices, with strict adherence to public trust responsibilities, and with strict adherence to approved collections management and acquisitions policies.
- To preserve, research, exhibit and interpret the artifact and archival holdings of the Claresholm & District Museum with a view to facilitate learning and to commemorate local cultural heritage.